Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I consider Consignment?
- Consigning is a variation of recycling. With today’s increasing awareness of our environment and the importance of reducing waste, your unwanted items become someone else’s special find.
Why consign rather than sell the items myself?
- Because Once and Again does the work for you!
- Our delivery staff will come to pick up your furniture at a scheduled appointment time – for FREE!
- We do all the research so we can price your pieces at fair market value – and earn the most for your item.
- We artistically and professionally display them to sell
- We Pay you 50% of the selling price and prepare your check the first day following the sales month!
- It’s Safe! No strangers come to your home to view your items.
What are the consignment terms?
- Once Again will contract to keep your items on our sales floor for a term of 120 days (although the majority of our inventory sells within the first 2 weeks). If your item does not sell within the 120 day term, occasionally we may request to extend the contract for another 30 days. Pick up of the items you wish to consign is FREE! The terms of the consignor split with Once and Again is 50/50.
What items will Once and Again consign?
- Unique special finds, jewelry, dinnerware and glassware, framed pictures, chandeliers and quality lighting, art and collectibles, new and gently used furniture, decorative accessories, quality rugs, lamps, clocks, mirrors, wall art, sconces, outdoor furniture and decor, and other quality gently used items for the home.
What items will not be accepted by Once and Again?
- We will not consign the following items: stained and visibly worn upholstery, kitchen appliances, utensils, BBQ items, ceiling fans, bathroom accessories, dried floral arrangements, window coverings, bedding, yarn goods, mattresses, upholstered items in need of repair, stuffed animals, dolls, toys, electronic equipment, stereo speakers and musical instruments, records, Victorian era furnishings and decor, entertainment centers/armoires or gym equipment.
What happens if I want to cancel my contract?
- The contract can be cancelled at any time either by the consignor or Once and Again Consignment Gallery.
I had a unpleasant experience with a previous consignment store. How is Once and Again different?
- We believe that trust is the most valuable asset a consignment shop can have. At Once and Again , we operate our business in an ethical manner, and we work tirelessly to raise the professional reputation of the consignment and resale industry. If you have had an unpleasant experience with another consignment store, we ask you to give Once and Again a chance to show you how we operate our store. Get to know us – We will always treat you honestly and fairly, we will act with integrity, and we will always appreciate your business.
- From your first contact with our staff, and each time you consign with us – we want you to feel confident that you selected the best option for selling the fine furnishings that no longer fit your lifestyle. We want to earn your trust.